Keeping Your Smile Happy and Healthy
Learn 5 ways smiling improves your life
Smiles are an incredibly amazing feature. They can utterly alter a situation, someone’s mood, and the entire look of the face. Smiles are powerful! However, maintaining a beautiful smile requires some effort. Plaque, gum disease, and crooked teeth all work together to turn your smile into a frown. Fortunately, there is an excellent dental office in Marlborough that is on your side, fighting against decay and disease to keep your smile bright.
The Dentist Office in Marlborough that Keeps Your Smile Beautiful
At Prime Smile Dental Group we offer the best dental services to keep your smile beautiful. Your smile is our top priority, and our entire team is dedicated to providing you with the personalized, quality dental care that you deserve.
We offer a comprehensive list of general, restorative, and cosmetic dental services, from annual cleanings to orthodontics to porcelain veneers. Our goal is to assist each patient in achieving and maintaining long term dental health and a beautiful smile.
A Healthy Smile: 5 Ways Smiling Improves Your Life
But why do we care so much about your smile? Well, for the exact same reasons you should care. Smiling not only makes you look better, it also improves your life in many ways by:
- Meeting New People. Smiling makes you more approachable, a study found that authentic smiles shared by employees in the service industry influenced their impressions on customers in a positive way. Smiling employees came across as more likable and friendly, and customers left the interactions feeling more satisfied with their overall experience. While not everyone is working in the service industry, the observation stands true. A smiling face is more approachable than a frowning one.
- Maintaining Positivity. While the brain is naturally inclined to think in negative terms as a defense mechanism, the habitual act of smiling helps the mind move to a more positive space and remain there longer the more you do it. By making smiling a part of your everyday practice, you help your brain create happiness loops that encourage more positive-thinking patterns.
- Increasing Productivity. “Grin and bear it” isn’t just a motto, a smile can increase your productivity, making work easier to get through. The benefits of putting a grin on your face at the office don’t begin and end with a mood boost; that dose of happiness can help make you a more productive employee as well. A team of economic researchers found that happiness has a significant and causal effect on productivity in the workplace.
- Mood Enhancement. This all-around mood booster is one of the few available to you each day at no cost whatsoever. So why not take advantage of your own power to create happiness?
- Boosting Creativity. This same mood boost can also get those creative juices flowing. A 2013 study explored this connection in men and found that those who were happier had a more comprehensive approach to problems, improving their ability to think of more solutions than their negative-minded counterparts. The researchers connected this finding to the release of dopamine triggered by happiness since the neurotransmitter is involved in learning, processing, and decision-making.